Fitting a Gas Cooker Regulations
If you are looking to hire professionals for fitting your gas cooker, please read our fitting a gas cooker regulations beforehand. Cooker Service aims to provide our customers with all the information through these regulations. Our “Fitting a Gas Cooker Regulations” are applicable for fitting gas cookers whether free standing, range or dual fuel. Besides fitting and disconnecting gas cookers, we also want our customers to be aware of the do’s and don’ts of their gas appliances. Please read below our fitting a gas cooker regulations:
- Always check that your Gas Engineer is listed on the Gas Safe register.
- Always check if your free standing cooker is suitable for the pressure of gas supply and accurate in size for the space given in your kitchen before purchasing.
- Always ensure your new gas cooker is equipped with flame failure device.
- Always check that the area around your gas cooker is ventilated adequately.
- Make sure all the gas knobs of your cooker are completely turned off when not in use.
- Remove all the pots and sauce pans from your gas cooker when not cooking.
- Always keep tea towels and kitchen cloths away from the hob. Also be careful with your clothing while cooking.
- Never leave children unattended in the kitchen. Keep lighters and match sticks away from the children.
- If you are the LANDLORD you are obliged by law to ensure that ALL gas appliances installed in your property are annually checked and maintained by a Gas Safe Installation provider.
- If you are the TENANT ensure annual safety checks of ALL gas appliances in your property with your landlord.
Above is a basic set of regulations that you should be aware of when fitting a gas cooker. Please always hire professionals for fitting your gas cooker. Although some regulations are not strictly applicable but are a safety measure that people should follow when fitting a gas cooker.
For further information, please call 020 8951 6822 or email email@example.com and we will deal with your request.