Cooker Installation Regulations
If you are hiring an engineer for a cooker installation, you should first research the cooker installation regulations. The cooker installation regulations are provided so that when you hire a gas company for cooker installation, you know about the work carried out by the engineer is in accordance to the cooker installation regulations. At Cooker Service we deal with all the services related to gas appliances, we have outlined the basic cooker installation regulations for our customer.
- Always read the cooker installation regulations prior to an installation.
- Always check that your gas engineer is listed on the Gas Safe register
- Always check if your free standing cooker is suitable for the pressure of gas supply and accurate in size for the space given in your kitchen before purchasing.
- Always ensure your new cooker is equipped with flame failure device which is mandatory by cooker installation regulations.
- Always check that the area around your gas cooker is ventilated adequately.
- Make sure all the gas knobs of your cooker are completely turned off when not in use.
- Remove all the pots and sauce pans from your cooker when not cooking.
- Never leave children unattended in the kitchen. Keep lighters and match sticks away from the children.
- If you are the landlord you are obliged by law to ensure that ALL gas appliances installed in your property are annually checked and maintained by a Gas Safe engineer.
- If you are the tenant ensure annual safety checks of ALL gas appliances in your property with your landlord.
Above are the basic cooker installation regulations that may help you understand what is required before, after and during a cooker installation. Although some installation pointers are not strictly applicable but are a safety measure that people should follow.
For further information, please call 020 8951 6822 or email email@example.com and we will deal with your request.